Our work is split between client engagements and self-initiated projects which are sometimes commercial, sometimes of an exploratory nature.
If you’d like to explore working together, please get in touch.
A selection of projects from the last 3 years:
- Researched and explored the potentials of a consumer trustmark for IoT for Mozilla.
- Wrote an ebook about the Shenzhen hardware and IoT ecosystem (View Source: Shenzhen)
- Co-published The State of Responsible IoT, a ThingsCon essay collection.
- Participated in #iotmark, an international community-led effort to build a certification mark for IoT, initiated by Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino & Usman Haque.
- Gave talks or help workshops at numerous conferences incl. ThingsCon Shenzhen, Das ist Netzpolitik, DevOpsCon and Transatlantic Digital Debates.
- Co-chaired Interaction 16, IxDA’s annual global interaction design conference, with Sami Niemelä.
- Wrote an ebook exploring living in tomorrow’s connected home (Understanding the Connected Home), with Michelle Thorne.
- Started scaling ThingsCon from a single conference to an event platform and global community of professional IoT practitioners.
- Worked with Google’s Mountain View public policy team on a number of emerging tech related questions & projects.
- Co-authored a research report & policy recommendations for the German government about citizen-centric smart cities, with Prof. Dr. Christoph Bieber.
- Curated Bosch’s first internet of things developer event in Berlin, with Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino.
- Launched Zephyr Berlin, a fashion brand built around highly versatile performance fashion, with a successful Kickstarter.
- Collaborated with Designswarm to produce a global analysis of the smart city landscape for Nominet R&D.
- Served as jury member for Prototype Fund.
- As an external reviewer, evaluated applicants for ODINE, the Open Data Incubator Network Europe.
- Exhibited at the V&A for London Design Festival, and spoke or ran workshops at numerous conferences incl. Mozilla Festival, Retune Festival, ThingsCon Amsterdam.
- Co-founded ThingsCon, a conference exploring responsible IoT practices.
- Co-curated NEXT Conference with Monique van Dusseldorp.
- Started The Good Home, an events-driven collaborative exploration of the future of home living, with Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino.
- Co-founded Dearsouvenir, a digital travel magazine that explores destinations through the stories behind souvenirs.
- Advised an automotive client on product and R&D strategy around connected mobility.