Groups/projects/initiatives I am (or was) personally affiliated with.
Ongoing (last updated Sep 2017):
- ThingsCon e.V. Board of Directors, Chairman. Co-founder. (since Feb 2017)
- Ignite Berlin A night of quickfire talks, Ignite Berlin is part of the global Ignite talk series (I co-organize these since 2010)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Member. EFF is the leading civil liberties group defending your rights in the digital world.
- International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS) Executive Academy member and jury member for Lovie Awards and Webby Awards (since 2011)
- Open Data Incubator Europe (ODINE) Independent member of the ODINE evaluation committee. (2015-2017)
- Prototype Fund Jury member (inaugural batch, 2016)
- D64 – Zentrum für digitalen Fortschritt Member (passive; 2013-2017)
- Highway1 Ambassador and Mentor. Highway1 is a hardware accelerator and part of PCH International, a global supply chain company that has been working with large companies for years, and more recently brought venture-backed startups like littleBits and Lark go from prototype to market. (2014-16)
- O’Reilly Solid Program committee member for Solid Europe. (2015)
- Hardware.co Mentor at the hardware startup accelerator program. (2015)
- Betapitch Jury member (regularly since 2012-2015)
- Likemind Berlin Good coffee & conversations with likeminded people, every 3rd Friday of the month (non-commercial, with Thomas Praus). (Twitter: @likemind_bln)
- TEDx Kreuzberg An independent TEDx event. Berlin, 10 December 2009 (as co-organizer and official licensee, with Christoph Fahle of Betahaus).
- Atoms&Bits Camp & Festival A Festival of Thinking, Making and Doing. Berlin, 18-27 September 2009. (My roles: co-initiator, a&b Camp organizer.)
- Internet & Gesellschaft Collaboratory Member (passive). An ongoing multi-stakeholder expert group initiated by Google Germany
- Kleos Group Co-Founder, Consultant A loose network of consultants and entrepreneurial researchers delivering original analysis, innovative technology services and strategic management consulting
- Social Media Week Berlin 2011 Advisory board member (2011)
- Berlinblase Founding member.
Disclosure policy I will do my best at all times to fully disclose any relevant affiliations or possible conflicts of interests. Small once-off gigs might not be included in this list. If it is even in the least relevant (endorsements, blog posts etc), I will of course fully disclose any client relationships.