For the last few months, I had dropped the ball on posting monthnotes. Starting next month, I’m planning/hoping to write more regular #monthnotes again, with a somewhat higher fidelity. Until then, this super lightweight, bullet point version it is.
For the briefest and most incomplete overview, in the mean time:
- I’ve started as an industry supervisor for the OpenDott PhD program, an EU-funded joint PhD program by the University of Dundee and Mozilla Foundation, which focuses on responsible & trustworthy IoT.
- My weekly newsletter Connection Problem has wrapped up season 5 and entered season 6.
- There were a number of media mentions or contributions and a few talks.
- Work with a couple of foundations / think tanks in Berlin and Brussels has been ongoing, and will continue for a few more months.
- Planning for the annual ThingsCon conference in Rotterdam (12-13 December) is ongoing, and we’ve had a ThingsCon Salon about Public Interest Technologie in Berlin.
You might notice that both AI and smart cities have both picked up a lot of steam as threads connecting my work, and there’s been a bit of an organic shift towards policy. This is likely to continue some more.