What’s been happening in the world of the ThingsCon trustmark for IoT?
- As the concept evolves, I’ve updated the trustmark deck that explains a current snapshot of my thinking and published a first (prototype/draft stage) checklist for the assessment that’s open for comments in this gDoc.
- As part of some prep work for Dundee Design Festival with fellow Mozfellow Jon Rogers and the Open IoT Studio, I had the opportunity to spend a couple days working with Pete Thomas on the design aspects of the trustmark (visuals, naming, etc.).
- Speaking of collaborators, I also had the chance to chat with a whole bunch of organizations in the same space to see if and how we can work together, including Ranking Digital Rights, The Digital Standard, Doteveryone, #iotmark, Consumer Reports, and the University of Dresden. More on that soon.
- And on a more hands-on note, I got a Google AIY Voice kit and a Snips.ai kit and started playing with them.
- We’re planning a ThingsCon Salon Berlin with a focus on the trustmark, with legal super star Jason Schultz (NYU) in mid-July. Thingscon.com/events has all up-to-date details once it’s all confirmed.
- Got interviewed about IoT, ownership & trust, and of course the trustmark, once more—and for one of my favorite mags, no less. Exciting! I’ll share the link once it’s available.
All of this and some more is also available over on the ThingsCon blog (category: trustmark)!
We had a super interesting workshop in Antwerp around IoT and ideation tool kits with designer and PhD researcher Dries de Roeck, who also hosted a ThingsCon Salon in Antwerp the evening before. So that was awesome. Thanks Dries!
NYC then Toronto in June for conferences and meetings. Then a family vacation break after that.
If you’d like to work with me in the upcoming months, I have very limited availability but happy to have a chat.
Have a great June!