Trying to make it more actionable (rather than just aspirational), the IOTmanifesto team created this cheatsheet that gives a bit of support in how to best apply the manifesto in everyday life, like say in a client meeting.
You’ll notice the color coding of the different phases of product design that the 10 guidelines of the manifesto. To make it a little easier to skim and read, here’s the list broken down into these phases (concept/design/implementation) and rearranged.
- We don’t believe the hype
- We design useful things
- We aim for the win-win-win
- In the end, we are human beings
- We make the parties associated with an iot product explicit
- We empower users to be the masters of their onw domain
- We design things for their lifetime
- We keep everyone and every thing secure
- We build and promote a culture of privacy
- We are deliberate about what data we collect