2015 is shaping up to be a very interesting year indeed. Based just on the projects already confirmed, I will be digging into a pretty wide range of areas – most of which are defined as vertical + connectivity, or what happens if you connect _________?_ Or framed differently still, How does connectivity change products & manufacturing, cities & governance, cars, interaction design, agriculture?
- A research report for use by the German government will focus on connected cities: Implications, governance, data, responsiveness.
- A longer-term research project about IoT in agriculture, which also happens to allow me to work with Alex/Designswarm, which is always a pleasure.
- And of course ThingsCon, our conference about how to build connected services and products. Kind of a big collective meta take on the theme of connectedness, of plugging the internet into ______.
Then there are three content-based products I’m co-developing:
- Connected, a (somewhat irregularly published, cough cough!) print magazine about IoT.
- A travel/souvenir centered thing (as briefly mentioned here).
- And a super-condensed monthly briefing on emerging technologies for executives, called The Imaginary Unit, this with Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino and Patrick Tanguay.
There’s a pattern in all these projects, by the way. One I’m more and more explicitly working towards: These are all things that I don’t tackle working by myself, but always with one or several partners. It’s become more and more clear to me how important it is to me to work within teams; this is a way to make that happen.